If you are going to buy a useful power tool and if you came to know about the “Ryobi” brand, you must be thinking, “Is Ryobi a Good Brand?” – Right? Buying a good power tool will define whether your job will be a piece of cake or a real headache. Photo: Ryan Smith
Indeed, for many us, who start in the world of tools, the first question they ask is which brand I should buy? Sooner rather than later, they realize that the big brands have exorbitant prices that go out of their budget.
Because of this, the Home Depot company decided to launch its own line of tools, this is called Ryobi, the tools of this brand stand out for their high performance and low costs, however, the question that is repeated a lot “is Ryobi a good brand?”.
Don’t worry! Here in the following article, we will come to know everything about this well-known power tool brand – “Ryobi”.
Glorious Historical Background
To know “is Ryobi a good brand?” – we must first understand some things about Ryobi. This particular line was created to be sold exclusively by Home Depot. On the other hand, this company manufactures it has offices in Japan and is the same one that manufactures Milwaukee and Ridgid.
It does not want to say that Ryobi’s features are on par with Milwaukee; this is because Ryobi maintains an affordable price for people looking to buy good tools at low prices. Ryobi was founded in 1943 to manufacture components for the automotive, electronics, and telecommunications sectors.
With the passage of time, it evolved into manufacturing printing tools and later power tools. It currently has 12 production plants spread over 6 countries. Makes tools for DIYers and household use.
How Ryobi has Achieved that Reputation
This American company had begun operating in 1961. At first, it was dedicated to manufacturing offset printing presses. Later, in 1968, he started the production of power tools.
Ryobi started to be recognized for its high quality and manufacturing products with users in mind from its origins. Its drills have an ergonomic grip, resistance, and a clutch that you can adapt according to your preferences in 22 or more positions.
Indeed, you have seen or heard of this brand’s products, and they are currently found all over the world. It has locations in North America, Australia, Europe, and New Zealand.
You will find this brand around the world, whether in physical stores or on the internet. Buying it will not be a complicated task.
Is Ryobi a Reputed and Well-known Brand
The answer is Yes! However, many comments in forums affirm that these tools are the worst that exists. This is mainly due to the fact that the comments and affirmations of these forums are from 2 or 3 years ago.
In this time, Ryobi has reinvented itself, and the quality of its tools has increased considerably. Actually, it stands out for having 18 Volt nailers that work very well and at half the nail price from a different brand.
Also, Ryobi is one of the largest tool manufacturers in the world. It is the favorite brand of DIY lovers, carpenters, and gardening. In its catalog, we find multiple alternatives:
Log Splitters and Many More
What Makes Ryobi a Reliable BRAND
- It offers the ONE + battery system, compatible with more than 70 tools of this brand.
- Its power suppliest pr are equipped with IntelliCell technology.
- They have the innovative “Brushless” motors.
- Built-in microprocessors to maximize autonomy.
- Capable of providing 20% more performance than brushed products.
- They are made with metal gearboxes.
- Featured with ergonomic “Gripzone” and “Ergotech” systems.
- Ryobi offers you its new generation of “e-Torque” clutch control.
- The company offers an exceptional guarantee system.
Each of the tools you buy should come with a manual for its correct use. What we recommend is to review the manual, so you do not make mistakes. Following the manufacturer’s directions is always better than randomly trying buttons.
There are Ryobi tools with an impact function, impact drills, or screwdrivers among the models you will find. Each one stands out in a specific area. Others are versatile, and you can use them on almost any material. Before buying, try to choose the drill that suits your work area.
Different Types of Ryobi Tools
Ryobi is a brand renowned for the quality products that offer. It is characterized by its resistance, ergonomics, durability, and precision. For this, it is value for money. Here we are going to discuss the different types of Ryobi tools:
Ryobi Cordless Drills
- Includes: Drill Driver (P215 AVN), 1.5Ah Battery (P189) and charge (P118B).
- Includes: Drill Driver (P215 AVN), 1.5Ah Battery (P189) and charge (P118B).
- Includes: (1) P261 3-Speed 1/2 in. Impact Wrench, (1) P197 4.0 Ah Lithium-Ion High Capacity Battery, (1) P118B 18V Lithium-Ion Charger, and operator's...
- Produces a powerful 300 ft./lbs. of torque
- Impact mechanism produces 300 ft./lbs. of torque and up to 3,200 impacts per minute
- Powerful design allows for tightening or loosening various nuts and bolts
- 0-2,900 RPM for maximum torque (no load speed)
Ryobi cordless drills are perfect for DIY tasks. If you are looking for a quality one at a reasonable price, you are in the right place. The Ryobi brand of cordless drills has a wide range of different models. We can find cordless drills with percussion, screwdrivers, or even with the 3 functions together in its catalog.
It also has a range of brushless cordless drills for professionals. Moreover, which are more compact, robust, and powerful than those intended for DIY. Continuing with the goal of meeting the needs of users and collaborating with the care of the environment. Ryobi has launched a complete line of One + System tools that work with the same battery.
Also, it allows the reduction of the number of batteries required and avoiding the use of electrical cables. On the other hand, as part of the TTI Ryobi group, it continues to innovate and offer excellent quality to its customers, to remain one of the leading brands of power tools for the garden, home, and DIY internationally.
These two greats’ joint work in the tool sector will surely provide many solutions for all users, both amateur and professional.
Ryobi Cordless Circular Saw
- Brushless motor provides longer runtime, more power, and longer motor life
- LED light illuminates cutline, eliminating shadows for a precise cut line view
- Spindle lock for quick and easy blade changes
- Bare Tool, Battery and Charger Sold Separately
- This item is removed from retail packaging for shipping purposes (Bulk Packaged) and will arrive in a generic box. No Retail Packaging
Nowadays, the countering saw has become an essential tool for the home remodeler’s shop. This Reciprocating Saw is made effectively and virtually all tool manufacturers in both cordless and corded models. You can’t use this saw to cut detailed lines in a trim piece, but it’s a reliable ally in destruction and also for some moderate precision work.
It offers accurate cuts with its 3800 RPM. Compact and lightweight, so very easy to use. Also, it is designed with an LED light that provides a cutting line.
Ryobi Garden Machinery
- BATTERY AND CHARGER NOT INCLUDED
- Push-button oiler for easy chain lubrication and longer chain life
- 10 in. bar and chain
- Side access chain tensioning for easy adjustments
- Attachment capable: accepts RYOBI expand-it attachments and other universal gas attachments to save time, money and space
- 40-Volt lithium-ion high capacity battery and 90-minutes charger included
- 13 in. to 15 in. adjustable cutting width for longer run time or wider cutting path
- Reel-easy bump-feed string head for fast and easy reloading
- Variable speed trigger for cutting control
Ryobi is undoubtedly a leader in all cordless garden tools. Lawnmowers, hedge trimmers, brush cutters, and even chainsaws, all run on battery, powerful and silent machines, Ryobi undoubtedly revolutionizes gardening machinery.
Ryobi Brush Cutters
- 8 in. Reversible Heavy-Duty Steel TRI-ARC Blade for Longer Life
- Heavy-Duty Sealed Gearbox
- Fits Most Brands' Attachment Capable Gas/Cordless String Trimmers
- Straight shaft configuration provides excellent reach
- Attaches in seconds without tools
All professionals and followers of maintaining gardening in good condition know how to recognize the Ryobi brush cutter’s advantages. Therefore, it is qualified among its models as a tool par excellence for maintaining gardens, fields, orchards, and home plots.
When buying a brush cutter, there are several questions you should ask to yourself. One of the first things you need is to determine the type of job you want. In this regard, Ryobi Brush Cutters offers professionalism and quality at great prices. Find out below, because it is a brand known to lovers of the countryside.
Ryobi ONE+ Orbit Sander
- 11,000 ORBITS PER MINUTE helps result in virtually non-swirl finishes
- PERFECTLY SHAPED FOR CORNERS with intuitive design
- COMFORTABLE OVERMOLD provides a solid grip so that you can sand precisely and comfortably
- ON BOARD DUST PORT allows you to attach your favorite shop vacuum (not included)
- PART OF THE ONE+ FAMILY: This will work with Ryobi’s 18v One+ battery. Even the yellow Ryobi 18 Volt batteries will work
Extremely smooth and easy to operating ability make it user-friendly. Work wirelessly and with excellent flexibility of movement. The Ryobi ONE + Orbital Sander leaves no marks thanks to its random movement. Therefore, this Ryobi ONE + Orbital Sander leaves no marks due to its accidental movement.
It obtains excellent results on wood thanks to its high speed of ten thousand orbits per minute, which, together with its “random” rotation, allows a perfect finish that does not leave traces on the wood. As, it has a grip with GripZone rubber coating for easy grip and is specially designed for sanding.
Depending on the work to be done, you can benefit from the higher power and capacity offered by the improved 18V Lithium + batteries for the ONE + line. Sanding jobs often take several minutes, so that depends on your requirements; it would be a better option.
Its Velcro system allows the sanding sheet to be changed easily. However, the Velcro system allows the sanding sheet to be changed easily because of its Velcro system. Easily you can attach the Ryobi line (like any other brand) for use with a sander quickly and highly effective.
This will allow you to spend more time sanding and less time adjusting the equipment, which also combined with the high performance offered by Lithium + batteries, will allow you to carry out with the fewest possible interruptions.
Its disc is 5″ in diameter, so naturally, you should use machine sandpaper of that size, taking into account the grain of the sandpaper for each application. Currently, we have sandpaper numbers 80, 120, and 220.
Adhesive and Caulk Gun
- UP TO 500LBS OF PUSH FORCE allowing you to dispense a wide range of high viscosity sealants
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: dispense up to 200 tubes of caulk on a single Ryobi 18-volt battery
- BALANCED SYSTEM: weight is distributed evenly on top of the ergonomically designed pistol grip handle, making it easy for everyone of all ages to use...
- VARIABLE SPEED ADJUSTER lets you dispense differently sized beads, so you can do any sealing job without changing your workflow
- ONBOARD PUNCTURE TOOL means you do not need to worry about carrying more tools on the jobsite than you have to
As its name implies, a caulking gun is designed to shoot caulk and other different adhesives from the surfaces. This is one of the powerful tools. It can quickly push 500 pounds-force. It is a completely balanced system.
Ryobi Lithium Batteries
- Works with all RYOBI 40-Volt lithium-ion tools and chargers
- 40-Volt 6.0 Ah high capacity battery for extended run time
- Fade-free lithium-ion power
- Onboard battery life indicator
- SKU 1004867742 and Model OP4060A
Nobody wants to try to start work to find out that the battery is dead, much less, keep a job in the middle. Ryobi Lithium + batteries have a built-in battery indicator, Lithium + batteries have a built-in battery indicator. That is why Lithium + batteries, and in particular, high capacity ones, incorporate a charge measurement mechanism.
With a simple push of a button, displays using LEDs, the charge proportion of the same, clearly determining if it needs to recharge them. Get the highest levels of performance with Ryobi Lithium Batteries. High capacity lithium + batteries are indicated to operate the highest power products within the One + 18V line.
Lithium + batteries have clear advantages over standard lithium and NiCd batteries by offering higher energy density and reduced weight. We suggest purchasing high capacity Lithium + batteries for higher power machines. They are lighter and capable of delivering much more power than standard lithium batteries.
Ryobi’s new proposal of not purchasing duplicate parts, such as batteries or chargers, is embodied in its one + product line. By purchasing this battery, you know that you can use it to power any of the tools within that line.
By the way, Ryobi has established itself as the brand of choice for millions of DIYers, carpenters, gardeners, artisans, and home improvement companies, among many others.
Ryobi products stand out for incorporating the latest technology and being robust and durable; it is not surprising that they are also the choice of professionals in recent times.
Our final recommendation is that if you are a beginner or intermediate user taking your first steps in the world of battery power tools, do not hesitate to buy Ryobi tools (as long as they are recent lines from 2016 to date). If you read the instructions and take care of them properly, you can have tools that will last you for years.
We are sure; now it is cleared in your mind – is Ryobi a good brand? Ryobi brand tools are essential tools to achieve professional finishes in your work; they are becoming popular among users who love DIY projects.
To buy these tools, you must visit a hardware store dedicated to tool supplies and offer a minimum quality guarantee. If you are tired of searching for the best alternatives or different options, we recommend buying Ryobi tools online.