Most of the aftermarket power tool batteries are economical and save you from spending on a new tool. Today, we are going to fish out the best aftermarket Ryobi battery. Photo by form PxHere.
Out of healthy demand, there are too many aftermarket batteries on online shops. Most of them are counterfeit therefore presenting a big safety risk to both humans and the environment as explained here.
Best Aftermarket Ryobi Battery Comparison Table
Top 10 Best Aftermarket Ryobi Battery at Present
Every supplier pulls to their side and is only interested in your purchase rather than the value you get. If chosen with care and from legitimate suppliers, Ryobi Tools replacement battery perform excellently and for years.
We took the time to research and found legit models you can trust.
01. Ryobi P107 Volt Compact Lithium Ion 1.5 Ah Battery
Compact with fuel gauge
Ryobi P107 is crafted to be compact and lighter compared to other models for easy mobility and storage. The lightweight also lets you work longer with workshop tools such as drills.
When you purchase this model, it comes with an inbuilt fuel gauge. Fuel means the charge power left indicated by led lights in the front of the battery.
High compatibility and fade-free power
With this model, the power supply to your appliance shall be constant without decreasing as it loses charge. Use this constant power supply on a variety of appliances without any risk.
You can use this 18-V battery with your lawnmower, vacuum, and many more others.
Use as back-up battery & Can work in the cold
This Ryobi replacement battery comes in handy when you need a back-up to power your DIY projects. For those who work or use an appliance in extreme temperatures, this Ryobi battery model can work under temperatures as low as 14 Degrees Fahrenheit.
Expect a long period of use due to the strong and durable plastic used to make this battery.
- Works in extremely cold temperatures
- Supplies constant fade-free power
- A compact model
- Designed to be compact with a fuel gauge
- Some buyers complained of this battery failing to charge a few months after purchase.
However, others testified of it lasting long enough. This shows that proper handling of a battery is what determines its life.
02. Ryobi 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 4.0 Ah High Capacity Battery
18V with high compatibility
When you need a Ryobi cordless drills battery to serve you across appliances, then this 18-V battery model shall serve you right. With 4 amp hours, this battery is able to power most of your appliances.
Led charge indicator
A led charge indicator is included with the button for convenient power checking. You only need to push the button and see how much power is left or has charged.
Carry along this compact and lightweight model to your site.
Short charging time with a Lithium-ion design
This model saves you the hustle of waiting too long for it to charge, thanks to its 60 minutes charge time. That said, this model embraces the Lithium-ion design which prevents your batteries from discharging when not in use.
This way, your battery shall be safe even without a maintainer. Easily install this battery on your appliance by plugging it in and you are good to go.
- Uses the lithium-ion design that ensures minimum drain out when inactive.
- Easy plug in connection
- Comes with led charge indicators to keep track of the charge level
- Highly compatible with over 70 appliances working with it.
- Buyers were generally satisfied with their functioning, however, there were a number of complaints of batteries not working on delivery
We, therefore, recommend that you check for any problems immediately after delivery to allow you to make a return if a problem is discovered.
03. Fhybat for Ryobi 18v Battery Replacement High Capacity Power Tools 18 Volt Battery
High power and convenient
This relatively small and lightweight battery shall allow you to use your appliance in the smallest space available.
With an 18-V voltage and a capacity of 3000mAh, this cell has all the power needed to run your appliances for a long period of time with constant power supply.
High compatibility and safety
Being a One+ Ryobi battery model, it can work across a number of Ryobi power tools. Security comes as a great concern when it comes to a battery that is why this model assures you of your safety with CE / FCC / ROHS certification.
Easily install this model through a simple plug-in. Also, this model is made out of high-quality cells which shall last long and serve you well.
The NiCad is built better to give 3 times more functionality compared to other previous models.
This aftermarket power tool batteries ensure your security and its durability since it includes overcharge protection, overheats protection and over-discharge protection. Therefore, your battery shall not spoil out of discharge nor run completely low to get you stuck.
This makes up a perfect replacement for failed Ryobi batteries.
- Overheat, over-discharge and under-discharge protection
- Compact and lightweight for convenient handling of tools
- Compatible with over 70 Ryobi One+ tools
- Constant high power supply
- As said, this battery is compatible with only One+ Ryobi tools.
Buyers complained of incompatibility. We advise that you do a thorough check of this battery compatible with your tool.
04. Powilling 2Pack 5.0Ah 18V Replacement Battery
Replacement for 18-V Ryobi battery with high capacity
A brand new replacement battery meant for Ryobi 18-V battery with a high capacity of 5000mAh. This model shall fully replace your Ryobi tools battery as long as they are compatible.
This model is compatible with most Ryobi tools. Check for compatibility with your tool model before purchase.
Easy charging and light
Designed to hold charge for a longer time compared to other models. This is guaranteed by the active over-load, overcharge, and short circuit protection.
We have a reason to trust this since these battery models are tested for quality and certified by CE-/FCC-/RoHS – for quality.
User manual plus indicator
To alleviate the hassle of guessing out during installation and operation; these batteries come with a user manual to guide you through the whole process.
You do not have to worry about charge indicators since there are included led indicator lights to show the charge level of the battery during charging and use.
Quality cover and durability
The outer cover of this model is made of high-quality ABS+PC Plastic. This plastic is heat, wear and tear-resistant to ensure that your battery is not affected by either external or internal temperatures.
Since the package comes with two similar batteries, the running time is doubled to your advantage.
- Made of ABS+PC Plastic which is durable and resistant to high temperatures
- The Package comes with two batteries for longer use
- Has got indicator lights with a user manual
- Compatible with all One+ Ryobi tools
- The charger model that comes with this package has been reported to fail and is not a standard Ryobi charger
However, these replacement batteries function very well with a lot of buyers testifying so. Ensure you shop for a compatible charger.
05. Powilling 2Pack 2500mAh Lithium Battery Pack Replacement for Ryobi 18-Volt
Long service time and an advantageous design
This is a lithium-ion design battery, therefore, you should expect less charging time, low discharging and a four times run time compared to its Ni-Cd counterpart.
With an 18-V voltage and 2500 capacity each, these aftermarket power tool batteries guarantee a long service time before subsequent charging.
Power indicator and can work under cold conditions
With this model, you should work or use your appliance anywhere or any time, thanks to its ability to tolerate conditions up to 14 degrees Fahrenheit.
The included indicators help you know when it is time to charge. Given that they are two, you can use your tool continuously by interchanging them.
This model has been tested, proven and certified to be safe by CE-/FCC-/RoHS. The safety of this model comes with the included features of over-charge, discharge and short circuit protection.
Therefore, you are assured of safe use without the risk of fire outbreaks shock and other emergencies.
- Comes in a package of two batteries
- CE-/FCC-/RoHS safety certified
- Functions in all weather for a 24-hour use anywhere
- Lithium-ion design, therefore, less charging time. It Also prevents discharging for higher durability.
- These ones have been reported to get stuck to the Ryobi charger
For this, we advise that you give it like a week of use, you shall discover that the port fits since the holes get wider.
06. MASIONE 2Pack P102 Batteries 2500mAh Replace for Ryobi 18V Lithium Battery
A delivery of two in one with high compatibility
Ryobi batteries last for long, however, when it is finally time to replace, then you have to consider this 18-V Masione. After purchasing, you receive a package of two batteries for a lengthy time of use.
This model is compatible with most 18V Ryobi tools, ensure you check to acertain that it shall work with your tool.
Guaranteed capacity retaining and lightweight
Due to the well-developed cells, this Ryobi replacement battery model can be charged and recharged anyhow by the user without any repercussions such as capacity loss.
Convenience comes with the lightweight that these batteries have. You only need to effortlessly and without tools plug it into your tool and get to work.
High compatibility and durability
Made of durable plastic to last long. This model is highly compatible and can be used together with a number of Ryobi appliances.
- 18-V battery with a 2500mAh power holding capacity.
- Come in a pair for better and longer functioning per session.
- This is a lightweight model with easy plug-in installation across tools.
- A lithium-ion battery with better features than NiCad
- Previously confirmed buyers have complained of it failing soon after purchase and sometimes immediately
We advise that you check for flaws after delivery then return to Amazon if you find any. A good charger can help you know whether your delivered battery is functioning or not.
07. Energup Replacement 2500mAh Ryobi 18V Lithium Battery
Led indicators and light
This replacement for P102 Ryobi battery comes with led power level indicators to avoid being caught unawares. Tools cause fatigue sometimes because of a bulky battery, this one is enough to allow you to use it in squeezed areas.
User manual and a pair of lightweight batteries
Be assured of an easy and guided installation aided by an included user manual. The greatest news about these aftermarket power tool batteries is that they come in a package of two for longer use.
Since you shall be using this with most handheld tools, the manufacturer designed it to be compact, small and lightweight for your convenience.
High compatibility with tools and charger
Charge this model using any RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ dual-chemistry charger. That not being enough, this model is compatible with all 18-V One+ power tools.
Meaning that be it a Ryobi hand rotary tool or maybe a lawnmower and more, as long as its 18V and a One+ model, you shall be able to replace its worn-out battery with this one.
- Highly compatible with Ryobi One+ tools
- Lightweight for convenience during use
- Improved lithium-ion cells with more run-time
- Has led power level indicators
- You might experience some resistance when plugging or unplugging it from your tool
You got no reason to worry since this shall ease with time.
08. Powerextra 18V Replacement Upgraded 3700mAh Ni-Mh Battery
18-V replacement battery for Ryobi with a wide compatibility scope
Be it a blower, rotary tool or any other tool that you want to power, this 18-V replacement battery for Ryobi shall work pretty good. With a capacity of 3700-mAh, these batteries can power your tool for a long time before running low.
The compatibility scope for this is wide with most Ryobi tools. We advice that you consider the type of your model and acertain that it shall work with this battery.
Certification and safety
This model is tested and certified to be quality and safe by CE & RoHS. After purchase, you do not have to worry about over-discharge, overcharging, short-circuiting and more since this model is designed with in-built protection against this.
Since you get a pack with two batteries, you are guaranteed of long battery-running hours.
Steady power supply
You do not want to risk an unsteady power supply from your battery which might blow your tool. The good news is that this model comes with a built-in current supply control to ensure steady power supply.
This battery comes with less charged therefore needs to be charged before its first use. Check out for any problems just after delivery and if you find any, then return it within 12 days.
- Has a steady power supply
- Tasted and certified to be safe and functional
- Comes with built-in current irregularities prevention
- High capacity of 3700-mAh
- This is quality batteries that have all previous buyers confessing of their quality
No problems have been discovered for this product so far.
09. GERIT BATT 6.0AH for Ryobi One Plus Lithium Battery
Durable and light with good capacity
Talking about durability and efficiency, this 6.0AH Li-ion battery defines it better. Replace your 18-V failed Ryobi battery with this model and get to work as usual.
Moving and working with your tools shall be easier with this light model, actually, it is 30% lighter than Ni-Cd battery type.
Charge indicator and fully safe
A built-in charge indicator is there to inform you of the amount of power used; this shall help in avoiding sudden unplanned stops. This battery shall not wear from shocks and rough handling since its coat is impact resistant.
Also, expect no shock since we have a shock-resistant cover.
Correct system communication and quality cells
Use this model for a prolonged time since the manufacturer designed high-quality cells. A total system communication lets the tool, battery and charger communicate properly for swift a system running experience.
This model is tested and certified by CE FCC, ROHS. In addition to this, the manufacturer tested and confirmed its compatibility with most OEM products, your Ryobi tool included.
These Ryobi power tool batteries are evidently small and lightweight with a simple plug-in connection for efficiency.
- 6.0AH high battery capacity
- The impact-resistant and shock-absorbing outer finish
- Certified for quality and safety
- Total system communication for overload protection
- This model has been reported to fail a few days after arrival
The buyer, however, confesses that this particular product was a bad purchase and is waiting for a replacement. All the other buyers seem to get things going right with it.
10. Reoben Replacement for Ryobi 18V Battery Lithium 2.5Ah
A fully functional memory, good capacity and running time
This new lithium battery is meant to replace an 18-V Ryobi battery. With a 45-Wh power supply and capacity of 2.5Ah, this battery shall work with most of your Ryobi tools.
With a total functioning memory, this battery can last really long compared to Ni-Cd batteries. This automatically confirms that these batteries can run for a really long time per session.
Compact, lightweight with led charge indicators
Being compact and light makes this model convenient during handling and prevents you from fatigue out of your daily work. Know when it is time to charge through the included led indicators.
In addition to this, the battery is CE/FCC/RoHS Certified and therefore conformed to be 100% safe for use.
- Has a fully functional memory
- In-built led charge indicators
- Compact and lightweight for convenient handling
- 2.5Ah capacity and 45Wh power supply
- One among the two in the package has been reported to fail, though not for all buyers.
The failed ones have confirmed replacement processes going on with responsive customer support. Ensure you check for any issues before settling to use them.
What’s the Secret Behind the Best Aftermarket Ryobi Battery
Ryobi is an established manufacturer of batteries. The manufacturer made a bold move to be the first company that integrated its battery with its tools ( ONE+).
The result is, any battery, as long as it is Ryobi, can power any Ryobi tool. All the batteries under Ryobi One+ system are 18V with their dual chemistry charger to charge all models under the one+ design.
Ryobi has a single One+ Ni-Cd battery and 4 Lithium-ion versions. Under Ryobi lithium battery models, they have the “Lithium” (P102 and P 105) and the “Lithium+” (P107 and P108).
The main difference between this is that Lithium+ has better functioning and performance than the Lithium. One of the top features of the Lithium+ is its ability to withstand extreme sub-zero temperatures.
How to Select the Best Aftermarket Ryobi Battery
Getting the right battery for the right use might be challenging, but not after going through our buying guide. We shall touch on the main features made before purchase.
Follow the guidelines carefully to avoid erroneous purchases.
Consider the capacity
Your intended use of the battery shall largely determine the capacity of the battery you are going to purchase. Some batteries have retained power for long and have high power holding capacity than others.
We advise that you go for a battery with a high retaining capacity for long and uninterrupted use. The capacity is what determines the runtime that a battery can manage.
The higher the capacity, the higher the run time and vice versa. The amount of current that a battery can give is usually constant and indicated on its body. The power delivery amount of a battery is usually measured in the Ampere-hour rating (Ah).
The total amount of power a battery can hold is expressed in watt-hours. These two should not be confused since a battery can have the same current delivery amount while they differ in terms of capacity.
Therefore, consider the amount of power your tool needs and compare it to the capacity of your battery. Ensure they match for your preferred battery to work with your tool.
Since we are talking about a replacement battery here, you have to get a model that exactly fits your tool. Most use the One+ compatibility that allows for compatibility across Ryobi tools and accessories.
However, sometimes you might be in a hurry and bother not to check whether your chosen battery matches the tool you need to install it on.
All batteries have compatibility advice, all you need is to check whether your tool model is among the compatibility list.
Size and weight
Tools such as Ryobi drills are handheld. Therefore, the operator is exposed to fatigue which can be increased or decreased depending on the weight of a tool. Now, what makes up most bulk of these hand-held tools is the motor and the battery.
Go for a small and compact battery as long as it fits your tool. This way, you shall be able to use the tool for a longer time with less fatigue. Sometimes, the area we want to work on might be tricky to reach.
Think of what would happen if you went for a large battery, you obviously won’t be able to reach and address such tricky parts. Therefore, go for the small Ryobi replacement battery models.
Ryobi VS Knock Off Battery, Which is the Best
Essential FAQ’s about the Best Aftermarket Ryobi Battery
Q: What are the aftermarket Ryobi batteries?
Aftermarket batteries are those batteries that are remanufactured, manufactured, retailed or distributed by a secondary party other than Ryobi. These batteries are manufactured to fit the specifications of original batteries for the purpose of replacing worn-out ones.
For instance, Power Extra manufactures the Powerextra 18V Replacement Battery for Ryobi. They tailor this replacement battery to fit Ryobi tools then retail or distribute to Ryobi tool owners with failed batteries.
Q: What are the best maintenance practices for aftermarket batteries
Like any other batteries, aftermarket batteries need proper handling and maintenance for them to last. The following are some of the maintenance measures that you should take for a healthy ling living battery.
- Unplug the battery when you want to perform routine maintenance for your tool. This ensures that you stay safe with electric shock in the first place.
- It then prevents your battery from short-circuiting or any other possible problem which might occur during maintenance.
- After a long storage period, Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, and Li-ion batteries shall have discharged, ensure that you recharge them before use.
- However, the idea of keeping your Ryobi power tool batteries plugged into the tool for a long time not only causes discharge but also destroys the battery. Ensure that you charge your battery frequently even when not in use for long service life.
- Keep your battery away from direct sunlight and any other high temperatures to avoid destroying the cells.
Q: How long can replacement batteries last?
These batteries and their replacements vary in terms of their life. The Ah of a battery is what determines how long it is going to last. The greater the Ah, the more the battery shall last.
However, this is not the only determinant since many factors shall determine how long your battery is going to last. For instance, a poorly handled battery cannot last as long as the one under careful use and handling.
Q: Can you leave a battery on the charger?
To charge the best aftermarket Ryobi battery, you need need to leave it plugged in for a couple of hours. The only precaution you got to take is, keep checking your set up to notice any problems such as the charger overheating and so on.
Q: How do I test a Ryobi battery charger?
Sometimes your system might not be well functioning. When troubleshooting, consider following the below easy steps to check for issues with your charger.
- Unmount any batteries being charged then plug in your charger to the socket and turn it on.
- Now connect a compatible battery to your charger.
- Connect your voltmeter to the charging battery and initiate the test mode as per your meter guidelines. Move your voltmetre’s selector switch to the highest voltage, ensure you follow your volt-meters manual.
- Note that when connecting, the red clip should be on the positive terminal while the black clip should be on the negative terminal of your battery.
- It is now time to observe. Check out the reading from your voltmetre’s pointer. If you get a negative reading, try switching the test probes.
- On the other hand, if you get a positive reading, then that means your battery is receiving the indicated charge.
- After troubleshooting, check for the readings again and again. If the negative readings persist, then you got a faulty charger that you might consider to replace. If there is a steady power supply then your charger is in good condition. A battery that receives such a steady current and does not accumulate charge is faulty and should be replaced.
Q: How do I fix Ryobi 40V battery?
- It is a common issue for batteries to develop crystalization or battery memory. Crystallization happens when the interior materials crystalize and cannot take any charge.
- This phenom is what is referred to as battery memory. Cool Ryobi battery owners get down to repair through the following simple steps.
- Connect your battery to a compatible charger and let it charge fully.
- Disconnect the charger and let your battery rest for some time till it cools.
- Insert the battery into a compatible tool. Power on the tool and let it fully drain the charged battery till it stops.
- Turn off your tool and let the whole system rest for up to 20 minutes.
- Turn on your tool again and let it run to a stop. Do this repeatedly to the point where your battery cannot power on your tool anymore.
- Unmount your battery from the tool and connect it to a compatible charger. Let it fully charge then mount it to your tool.
- Take note of the length of time your battery shall power the tool. If it runs for a longer time, then you just fixed your battery, but if the problem persists, your battery cells are dead and need replacement.
When your original Ryobi battery dies, it does not mark the end of the tool also. There are a lot of replacement batteries designed to fit whatever Ryobi appliance you got.
In the above list, we went fishing for the best aftermarket Ryobi battery. The list has been sifted to enable each of our readers in need to find a matching battery.
Use the buying guide to carefully choose the battery that best suits your needs from the above-chosen models. Your tool shall surely be restored as you get back to business, bye.